Prepd Skillet Care
Thank you for purchasing Prepd Skillet and joining the Prepd Community! We hope you’ll love using Prepd Skillet as much as we do.
With the right care, Prepd Skillet will last a lifetime. Here’s a few quick tips to get the most out of your pan.
Before first use
Gently scrub with water and a small amount of dish soap, wipe clean and dry, then heat on the stove to evaporate any moisture. Now coat the pan with a thin coat of cooking oil.
Break-in phase (first 10 uses)
- Use a little extra oil
- Keep the temperature low to medium
- Sautéing onions, roasting veggies or frying are ideal for your first meals
- Avoid salty liquids or acidic foods such as tomatoes, wine, citrus
Cleaning & Maintenance
- Prepd Skillet cannot be cleaned in a dishwasher
- After use, wipe off excess oil and food with a towel or cloth
- Use the minimum amount of water and soap necessary to clean the pan
- Whenever your Prepd Skillet gets wet, wipe it dry immediately with a cloth or paper towel
- Heat the skillet on the stove on low heat to evaporate any remaining moisture
- After drying, apply a thin coat of oil to the surface of the pan, inside and out.
Our good friend Casey from Kitchen Karate has also prepared a quick video on general care. Check it out below!
- Cast iron gets very hot and stays hot - always use an oven mitt, potholder, or the Prepd Leather Handle cover when holding the handle during cooking or after cooking while the pan is still hot.
- Always place down your skillet in a safe area - on a cooling rack or trivet.
- Your skillet will change color with use, this is completely normal. Your skillet will become darker and more uniform over time.
We can’t wait to see what you’ll make with your Prepd Skillet!
Looking for Cast Iron Accessories Care Instructions?